A few days ago on twitter, there was a serious discussion about the above matter. Where in conclusion, it left a lot of confusion. This made me to ask myself, “Is Oral Sex Sin? And what does the bible says about this matter.
Couples often ask, “Is oral sex a sin?” The best place to look for answers is in the Bible. Hebrews 13:4 says, “Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.” The first point the Bible makes very clear is that sex – all types – is designed specifically for married couples. Non-married couples are not to practice premarital sex.
The Bible never indicates exactly what a husband and wife are allowed to do in their sexual relationship. However, there are some sexual principles that we can consider.
- Mutual Consent – 1 Corinthians 7:5 says, “Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.” This verse indicates that each sexual activity should be mutually agreed upon.
- Adultery is Sin – The Bible is very clear that any form of adultery is sin, even if both people in a marriage relationship agree to it. 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5 says, “It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God.” Adultery also includes “swapping” or adding sexual partners.
- Viewing Pornography is a Sin – Matthew 5:28 is very clear. “But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.” Pornography viewed alone or together as a couple is sin. 1 John 2:16 says, “For everything in the world – the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does – comes not from the Father but from the world.”
Is Oral Sex A Sin – Practical Application
When answering the question “Is oral sex a sin,” it is important to remember that God created sex to be a beautiful expression of love for married couples. When the husband or the wife does not feel that sex is a “beautiful expression of love,” then changes need to be made in that couple’s sex life. Evidentially, the actions are not mutually beneficial to each person. Nothing in the Bible says that oral sex is a sin, however it may not be appropriate for every couple.
Is Oral Sex A Sin – Questions to Consider
Consider these questions when answering the question “Is oral sex a sin?”
- Is oral sex voluntary and have both the husband and wife agreed to it?
- Why do you want oral sex? Is it for pure sexual pleasure or is it to fulfill a sexual fantasy derived from porn?
- Have you or your spouse been convicted by the Holy Spirit that oral sex is wrong?
- Does oral sex edify and fulfill both you and your spouse?
While answering these questions, pray for guidance from God. He will reveal the answer to you – for your relationship.